Belvedere Real Estate
Belvedere was originally a part of the village of North Edmonton and was annexed by the City of Edmonton in 1910. Until the annexation of the Town of Beverly in 1964, Belvedere was on the outskirts of the real estate in Edmonton.
Residential construction in Belvedere began before the end of WWII. However, the bulk of the residential development occurred between 1946 and 1985.
Around the 1970s the City of Edmonton recognized the potential of the Belvedere area and with the creation of the LRT in the heart of the neighborhood, it stirred redevelopment. These initial efforts were marginalized in the 1980's when both meatpacking plants closed, take other businesses with them.
Today Belvedere has both commercial and non-residential land uses along Fort Road and also contains a variety of home types and styles. This neighborhood also hosts the iconic landmark, the Transit hotel on the corner of Fort Road and 66 street. Another historic landmark was the ten-story brick smokestack that used to be part of the Canadian Packers Plant built-in 1936, which now stands alone in an empty field.
The City of Edmonton took on a revitalization plan for the Fort Road area in the early 2000's, in collaboration with the Fort Road Business Association and Community Association. Some of the plans include the widening of Fort Road from 66 Street to 129 Avenue and the redevelopment of the lands south of the Belvedere LRT.
Belvedere real estate is bordered North by 137 Avenue, East by 54 Street, South by 125a Avenue, and West by 66 Street.
- Belvedere School, Elementary
- Balwin School, Pre-Kindergarten, Junior High
- M.E. Lazerte, Senior High
- St. Francis of Assisi, Pre-Kindergarten, Elementary
- St. Cecilia, Junior High
- Archbishop O’Leary, Senior High
Displayed below are homes for sale in Belvedere, a subdivision located in Northeast Edmonton.
For more information about any of these Belvedere, Edmonton real estate listings, click the "Request More Info" button located on the detail page of each property.